Formerly known as the “Cuffy Tower”, it was built in the 12th century and refurbished in 1419. Then it became a windmill during the 17th or 18th centuries. Its name is that of the owner who sold it in 1906.
The Cuffy Tower of Nevers is one of the former defensive towers of the city of Nevers, is dated from the 12th – 15th – 16th – 17th centuries, it is also called Goguin Tower, Ninchat Tower, Windmill Tower, it is part of the former ramparts of the city of Nevers. It is located at the corner of the medieval enclosure, it is completely linked to the Loire landscape and the city. The Cuffy tower was built in the 12th century, it was refurbished in 1419, it became a windmill in the 17th century. Its name Goguin, is that of the owner who sold it in 1906. It is classified as a Historic Monument by decree of 11 July 1945. An imposing tower, in front of the Quai des Mariniers, still bearing the remains of its past, as a defensive tower. The Cuffy Tower was lowered and covered with a roof of small flat tiles, one can still imagine the dissuasive effect it provided. Machicolations are still visible on this magnificent tower.